Self-paced courses do not follow a set schedule. Course materials are completely available as soon as the course begins. Assignments and exams do not have start or due dates. The course shows indicators for graded assignments, but not due dates. You can complete assignments and exams at your own pace, as long as you complete all course work before the course ends.
In most self-paced courses, the course team generates certificates on a schedule, such as once a month. The certificate generation schedule varies by course.
Features and Benefits of Self-Paced Training
- Can be taken as standalone learning or supplemented as reinforcement and reference to individuals who have taken classroom training
- Combines elements of classroom lecture and hands-on application of the technology
- Reaches geographically dispersed students within your company
- Students can access learning at their convenience
- Learning can be repeated without incurring additional cost
- Eliminates instructor and student travel time and related expenses
- Many courses include access to our Virtual Labs to enable hands-on practice in a live environment